Dear Members and Guests,
The comfort and safety of our Members and Visitors is our priority, and we expect that you may have questions about the actions we are taking to minimise the risk of a cold, flu or Coronavirus (COVID-19) being shared with others.Whilst we recognise that the full effect is yet unknown, please rest assured that we are closely monitoring the situation and continually assessing developments and advice from health, government and other authorities. We will not compromise on necessary actions that must be taken to comply with the directive from experts, and as such, our senior management team is meeting daily to assess how we can better respond to emerging needs.
As per the advice from health authorities, to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we must wash hands frequently with soap and water, increase the frequency of cleaning, avoid contact with sick people, use disposable tissues to cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing, isolate when ill, and not travel to areas with high infection rates. As per NSW Health Advice, if you or a loved one are feeling unwell with a fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose or shortness of breath, it is recommended that you avoid public exposure and seek medical attention.
Prevention Strategies and Protocols
Across our venues, although we already have high standards of health and hygiene, we have implemented a number of additional health and hygiene measures to support visitors in protecting themselves and others. This includes but is not limited to:
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning high-touch surfaces in our venues, including gaming areas.
- Reinforcing additional health and hygiene training procedures to ensure processes are being properly implemented by staff.
- Reminding employees and visitors to our venues about the importance of washing their hands often, for at least 20 seconds.
- Placing additional hand sanitisers throughout the venues.
- Removal of cutlery, straws, seasoning and condiments for public access.
- Wearing of gloves in food preparation areas.
- Encouraging ‘social distancing’ per authority advice.
- Review of promotions and events to ensure safety remains our number one priority.
- Issuing staff with protective personal equipment to limit the risk of exposure.
Review of Events and Entertainment
In addition to the measures above, we have also made a decision to adhere to advice issued by the Australian Government to limit organised, non-essential gatherings to 500 people. Therefore, box office shows and entertainment across our venues will be postponed from until further notice. We will continue to monitor the calendar of upcoming events and modify, postpone or cancel events, given up-to-date advice at the time.
Seeking Medical Attention
If an employee appears to be suffering from flu-like symptoms or has been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, they will be asked to seek medical attention and remain at home as a precautionary measure, or until they are free from symptoms. Similarly, any patrons who are displaying recognisable flu-like symptoms may be asked to leave the premises.
We are all in this together, and we are committed to adhering to advice issued by health authorities to offer you peace of mind when you visit now and in the future. We will continue to use emails, Facebook and text message, if the situation calls for it, to keep Members and Visitors notified of updates.
We value your patronage and loyalty to our venues – where your health and safety is our most important consideration – especially in such challenging times.
We look forward to seeing you soon. Take care.